Friday 22 April 2022

Junior Chess Tournaments

 I'm pleased to share details of two upcoming junior chess tournaments.


Sunday 8th May - Bury St Edmunds (Suffolk)

Bury St Edmunds Junior Chess Congress – Sunday 8 May 2022


Sunday 29th May - Colchester Junior tournament

Colchester Junior Chess Event | Colchester Jr Chess


It is great to see another junior tournament in Essex. I'll be at Colchester helping out with some coaching. It should be a nice event and I'd encourage you to take part if you can.


No details beyond a date yet but there will be a tournament in Chelmsford at Moulsham Junior School hosted by the Essex Junior Chess Association on Sunday 26th June. Mark the date.


This Sunday (23rd), I'll be at Brentwood School helping run a She Plays To Win tournament for girls new to competitive chess. She Plays To Win


Good luck to CJCC players in these and other events. Everyone can represent CJCC and Essex in online competitions at www.lichess.org. Do ask me how if you are not sure.


Best Wishes

Robin Slade (chelmsfordjuniorchess@gmail.com)

1 comment:

  1. I give my kids chess calculator, which is a simple and powerful tool that help them to calculate different chess positions. I'd suggest anyone to use it.

    ReplyDelete